Subject: 25.1.50; SVG image displayed incorrectly in EWW

From: Wouter Beek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 07:56:10 +0200

$ emacs -Q
M-x eww
https://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/#built-in-datatypes

The web page opens directly above an inline SVG image that is displayed
incorrecly: only the lines of the tree structure are shown; the nodes of
the tree are not displayed, nor is their textual content.

Extracting the inline SVG DOM, putting it into an SVG file and opening
it in Emacs does load the image correctly (using mode
Image[imagemagick]).

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.6)
 of 2016-07-24 built on localhost.localdomain
Repository revision: 2c2b0cd07c143e33af9f7237ef4819c28764a90f
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11804000
Recent messages:
Mark set
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
Quit [2 times]
Type C-x 4 C-o RET to restore the other window.  
command-execute: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
No bug report on the current line
Contacting host: duckduckgo.com:443
You can run the command ‘eww’ with G
Contacting host: duckduckgo.com:443
Contacting host: www.w3.org:80

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow apropos mm-archive crm debbugs-org debbugs-gnu add-log debbugs
soap-client warnings org-timer org-table org-colview org-clock
org-attach org-id org-archive org-agenda reporter emacsbug mailalias
smtpmail pp cus-edit cus-start cus-load sendmail sort mail-extr
sh-script executable rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode nxml-util nxml-enc
xmltok shr-color color url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth eww mm-url
url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util shr svg xml dom browse-url iso-transl
markdown-mode org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m misearch multi-isearch find-dired thingatpt grep compile vc-git
diff-mode imenu gnus-async qp gnus-ml disp-table nndraft nnmh nnfolder
utf-7 network-stream nsm starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc
nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader subr-x gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit spacemacs-dark-theme
spacemacs-common hl-line org-inlinetask ediprolog time ob-sparql ob-R
ob-prolog prolog smie align org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs ob-sml ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs sparql-mode async finder-inf info package epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2378314 173728)
 (symbols 48 61031 27)
 (miscs 40 870 1889)
 (strings 32 306049 33928)
 (string-bytes 1 10280959)
 (vectors 16 51338)
 (vector-slots 8 1323639 210863)
 (floats 8 3682 2379)
 (intervals 56 376784 1791)
 (buffers 976 60)
 (heap 1024 155490 17455))