Subject: bug#24107: closed (Re: bug#24107: 25.1; menu-bar-size and tool-bar-size are reported inconsistently on w32)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 12:31:03 +0000

Your bug report

#24107: 25.1; menu-bar-size and tool-bar-size are reported inconsistently on w32

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24107: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24107
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24107: 25.1; menu-bar-size and tool-bar-size are reported inconsistently on w32
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 14:30:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Yes, thanks.

Installed on master.  Bug closed.

Thanks for spotting this blatant discrepancy, martin

Subject: 25.1; menu-bar-size and tool-bar-size are reported inconsistently on w32
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 20:59:29 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 emacs -Q
 M-: (frame-geometry) RET

When I do this on MS-Windows, I get

  ... (menu-bar-size 672 . 19) ... (tool-bar-size 680 . 36) ...

which looks incorrect, because the width of both is the same.  I think
the width of the menu bar is the correct one.  The reason I think that
is that when I disable the scroll bars, the width reported for the
menu bar is exactly the window-body-width plus the 16 pixels used up
by the fringes.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.2 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2016-07-29 built on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: b275cc76f0c5ab49e81445fcc3420c8772aefd42
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --with-wide-int
 --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 93479 7177)
 (symbols 56 20753 0)
 (miscs 48 46 128)
 (strings 16 17774 5347)
 (string-bytes 1 441649)
 (vectors 16 12447)
 (vector-slots 8 432686 5016)
 (floats 8 162 106)
 (intervals 40 266 121)
 (buffers 856 21))