Subject: bug#24098: 25.1; Auto complete not working

From: David Gomes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 10:10:15 -0400

This happens in any mode, but basically auto complete does not work.
It sort of works the first time I use it when I load Emacs but after
that I get this error:

Error during redisplay: (eval (list (tree-buffer-spec->sticky-indent-string
tree-buffer-spec) (tree-buffer-stickynode-fetch-stickyline))) signaled
(wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil) [2 times]
Error running timer ‘ac-show-menu’: (wrong-number-of-arguments setq 1)
auto-complete error: (wrong-number-of-arguments setq 1)

And after that it never works again.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version
10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
of 2016-07-24 built on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Javascript-IDE

Minor modes in effect:
cursor-sensor-mode: t
helm-mode: t
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
projectile-global-mode: t
projectile-mode: t
ecb-minor-mode: t
global-ede-mode: t
ede-minor-mode: t
global-auto-revert-mode: t
desktop-save-mode: t
global-auto-complete-mode: t
recentf-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
cua-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
global-linum-mode: t
linum-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
size-indication-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Wrote
/Users/davidgomes/src/memsql-platform/static/js/components/schema/databases.js

Mark set
cua-scroll-up: End of buffer
Undeclared variable or function ’module’
anonymous function does not always return a value
Mark set
Undo! [4 times]
Mark set
Saving file
/Users/davidgomes/src/memsql-platform/static/js/components/schema/databases.js...

Wrote
/Users/davidgomes/src/memsql-platform/static/js/components/schema/databases.js

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/lisp/auto-complete hides
/Users/davidgomes/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-20160710.1544/auto-complete
/Users/davidgomes/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160723.2238/helm-multi-match hides
/Users/davidgomes/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160723.944/helm-multi-match
~/.emacs.d/lisp/popup hides
/Users/davidgomes/.emacs.d/elpa/popup-20160709.729/popup

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils ido winner
helm-projectile vc vc-dispatcher jsx-mode cursor-sensor js2-mode etags
xref project js sgml-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
imenu helm-mode helm-files image-dired dired-x dired-aux ffap
helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive
helm-info bookmark pp helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp helm-external
helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap helm-utils helm-help
helm-types helm helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib dired vc-git
diff-mode flymake python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete format-spec projectile grep ecb-layout-defs
cus-edit warnings cus-start cus-load ecb ecb-symboldef ecb-analyse
ecb-compatibility ecb-winman-support ecb-autogen autoload lisp-mnt
ecb-tod ecb-cycle ecb-eshell ecb-help ecb-jde ecb-method-browser
hideshow ecb-semantic-wrapper ecb-semantic ecb-file-browser ecb-speedbar
ecb-layout compile comint ansi-color ecb-create-layout ecb-compilation
ecb-common-browser ecb-navigate ecb-mode-line ecb-face tree-buffer
ecb-upgrade ecb-cedet-wrapper semantic/db-mode semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db semantic/format semantic/tag-ls
semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func ecb-util ring
thingatpt ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/detect ede/base ede/auto
ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
eieio-custom cedet autorevert filenotify ibuf-ext ibuffer bliss-theme
desktop frameset fixme-mode cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
auto-complete-config auto-complete easy-mmode advice popup cl recentf
tree-widget wid-edit delsel cua-base paren linum edmacro kmacro
finder-inf gh-common gh-profile url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars rx s marshal eieio-compat
cl-seq json map dash eieio eieio-core cl-macs info package epg-config
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 613019 35981)
(symbols 48 47733 0)
(miscs 40 4733 888)
(strings 32 120624 15590)
(string-bytes 1 3626157)
(vectors 16 76264)
(vector-slots 8 1182479 51222)
(floats 8 1294 369)
(intervals 56 13374 1106)
(buffers 976 48))