Subject: 24.5; xsdre-translate fails on general punctuation

From: Patrick McAllister <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 09:57:58 +0200

This seems to cause trouble:

emacs -Q
M-x load-library xsd-regexp
;; this is as expected:
(string-match (xsdre-translate "\\p{Pd}") "a-b");; 1
;; this fails:
(string-match (xsdre-translate "\\p{P}") "a-b");; nil

The regular expression produced for "\\p{P}" is faulty:

(pp (xsdre-translate "\\p{P}"))

produces:

"[!-#%-*,-/:;?@[-]_{}¡«·»¿;·՚-՟։֊־׀׃׳״،؛؟٪-٭۔܀-܍।॥॰෴๏๚๛༄-༒༺-༽྅၊-၏჻፡-፨᙭᙮᚛᚜᛫-᛭។-៚ៜ᠀-᠊‐-‧‰-⁃⁅⁆⁈-⁍⁽⁾₍₎〈〉、-〃〈-】〔-〟〰・﴾﴿︰-﹄﹉-﹒﹔-﹡﹣﹨﹪﹫！-＃％-＊，-／：；？＠［-］＿｛｝｡-･]"

I guess the problem is the sequence "[-]" in the regex that closes the
opening "[".  This is noticeable in that it breaks validation with many
rng schemas that use the "P" character class.

The result of (xsdre-translate "\\p{P}") should look something like
this, I suppose:

"[][!-#%-*,-/:;?@[_{}¡«·»¿;·՚-՟։֊־׀׃׳״،؛؟٪-٭۔܀-܍।॥॰෴๏๚๛༄-༒༺-༽྅၊-၏჻፡-፨᙭᙮᚛᚜᛫-᛭។-៚ៜ᠀-᠊‐-‧‰-⁃⁅⁆⁈-⁍⁽⁾₍₎〈〉、-〃〈-】〔-〟〰・﴾﴿︰-﹄﹉-﹒﹔-﹡﹣﹨﹪﹫！-＃％-＊，-／：；？＠［-］＿｛｝｡-･-]"

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-04-08 on binet, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11803000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark saved where search started
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
user-error: No dynamic expansion for `nil' found
Quit
Mark set
forward-sexp: Scan error: "Unbalanced parentheses", 350, 506
Quit
Mark set [3 times]
nil [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils dabbrev misearch multi-isearch pp
mule-util debug paren help-mode easymenu xsd-regexp time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 80811 4739)
 (symbols 48 18116 0)
 (miscs 40 281 321)
 (strings 32 10743 4013)
 (string-bytes 1 314710)
 (vectors 16 11441)
 (vector-slots 8 565740 61256)
 (floats 8 68 645)
 (intervals 56 370 19)
 (buffers 960 13)
 (heap 1024 36362 903))