Subject: Re: [O] bug#2409: 23.0.90; org-mode + viper-mode + ns make typing unresponsive

From: Michael Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 19:35:32 +0200

Hi all

I did some trials in lisp/org/org.el with
- Emacs on OS X built with configure --with-ns, 24.5 and today's
  master
- Org from today's master

1) Removing the line containing org-self-insert-command from

       (org-remap org-mode-map
                  'self-insert-command 'org-self-insert-command
                  'delete-char 'org-delete-char
                  'delete-backward-char 'org-delete-backward-char)

   lets the issue disappear. So the issue seems at least _related_ to
   org-self-insert-command.

2) When I instead remove all forms that contain
   org-self-insert-command or orgtbl-self-insert-command and then add

       ;; Reduce to a passing through to `self-insert-command'.
       (defun org-self-insert-command (N)
         (interactive "p")
         (self-insert-command N))
       ;; Leave this as it was originally.
       (org-remap org-mode-map
                  'self-insert-command 'org-self-insert-command
                  'delete-char 'org-delete-char
                  'delete-backward-char 'org-delete-backward-char)

   the issue remains but I expect it to disappear. Did I not replace
   self-insert-command just with itself and it should behave the same
   way as with change 1)?

Michael