Subject: Re: bug#24087: recovery from suspend is broken with recent libreboot + linux-libre 4.7

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 00:26:49 -0400

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
>> I know more people than just me are using libreboot here, do you have
>> any problems with suspend and recovery?
>
> I have a X200 and some time after waking up from suspend on the first
> larger disk access it hangs, losing all the dirty sector payload in
> the process. This is Guix-specific, the same machine works just fine
> on Ubuntu.

It's unlikely to be Guix-specific.  More likely, it's related to the
kernel version.  On several occasions in the past, new kernels have been
found to have problems on Libreboot systems.

We include older kernel versions: linux-libre-4.4 and linux-libre-4.1,
which you can select via the 'kernel' field of the OS configuration,
e.g.: (kernel linux-libre-4.4)

Can you try these and see if the problem persists?

For what it's worth, linux-libre-4.7 works well for me on my Libreboot
X60.

       Mark