Subject: bug#24082: 25.1; vc-dir for CVS repositories list all files as if from toplevel directory

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 03:38:14 +0300

Hi!

On 07.10.2016 17:45, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas wrote:
>
> I see this regression using 25.1 (tarball) and emacs-26.0.50 (git).
>
> Reverting
>
>   http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/lisp/vc/vc-cvs.el?id=fa7f79e8234c60ae425f7c3cf1b9486765a7111e
>
> fixes the problem here.

I wonder how that could be possible: reverting it gives me a characterp 
error. But if you mean just replacing `files' with `dir', that seems to 
work, at the cost of possible performance overhead with larger repositories.

Could you try the more complex patch that has been posted here? You can 
view it at https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24082#15.

In particular, I'd like to know whether it fixes this bug for you, and 
whether it works well with all CVS repositories you work with.