Subject: Re: bug#24069: [PATCHv2] Re: bug#24069: gcc man page is broken

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 16:53:34 +0200

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I believe this would cause gcc-5 to be rebuilt, which would cause a
> world rebuild, so for the moment we also need a native-inputs entry for
> gcc-5 making sure that nothing changes, ie: that we're only using
> texinfo there, preferably with a note that it should be changed in the
> future.  Also, you should take a look at gnu/packages/commencement and
> make sure that we're not adding perl as a native-input for gcc-boot0 or
> for libstdc++, wherever that happens to live (I don't remember off
> hand).

I think this should go to ‘core-updates’.

> I assume it is OK for us to build the man pages for gcc-final (if it
> happens) since this is the gcc used for actually building packages, and
> I believe the one pulled in for gcc-toolchain.

More precisely, building man pages for ‘gcc-boot0’ is pointless and
possibly adds Perl on the graph for no good reason.  So if we can
arrange to just have man pages in ‘gcc-final’, we’re good.

Efraim, could you check whether that works for ‘core-updates’?

Thanks,
Ludo’.