Subject: Re: bug#24060: Test (tests/publish.scm) still fails after fix

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 00:59:49 -0700

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Is this new failure systematic, or does it occur randomly?

I've tried running the test over 100 times, and it failed every time.
I've also tested it in a QEMU guest running GuixSD, and it still fails.
I will see if I can reproduce it on a totally different physical
computer and get back to you.

> What version of Guile do you use?

The version is "guile (GNU Guile) 2.0.11".  This version comes from
running "guix environment guix".

I just now tried the same tests using guile-next (which is version
2.1.2), and they still failed.

> I wonder if this could be a remnant of <http://bugs.gnu.org/19610>.
> Does commenting out the “/nar/gzip/*” test hide the problem?

Commenting out that test-equals section did not hide the problem.

> If so, does the patch below help?

I tried the patch anyway, and unfortunately the test still failed.

-- 
Chris