Subject: bug#24060: Test failure: tests/publish.scm

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 02:31:53 -0700

Hi,

I've noticed that tests/publish.scm fails when run with the other tests
in parallel (see attached test-suite.log file).  Specifically, it fails
when I run "make -j check".  It passes when I run "make check".  It
passes when I run "make -j check TESTS=tests/publish.scm".  It also
passes when I run "make check TESTS=tests/publish.scm".  Here's the
failure message:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
test-name: /nar/gzip/*
location: /home/marusich/guix/tests/publish.scm:163
source:
+ (test-equal
+   "/nar/gzip/*"
+   "bar"
+   (call-with-temporary-output-file
+     (lambda (temp port)
+       (let ((nar (http-get-port
+                    (publish-uri
+                      (string-append "/nar/gzip/" (basename %item))))))
+         (call-with-gzip-input-port
+           nar
+           (cut restore-file <> temp)))
+       (call-with-input-file temp read-string))))
GET /nar/gzip/z8qsg9bmmjzgfi0bbgls1wxd0wmhhm2i-item
expected-value: bar
actual-value: #f
actual-error:
+ (srfi-34
+   #<condition &nar-error [file: "/tmp/guix-file.7fzEA2" port: #<closed: r6rs-custom-binary-input-port 0>] 27616f0>)
result: FAIL
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'm using GuixSD with Guix v0.10.0.  I observed this failure using
commit 8d63dddac11882ef85283bda259e0142b65ae28f.  I built guix with
dependencies provided via "guix environment guix"; however, since there
are two versions of guix defined gnu/packages/package-management.scm,
I'm not sure which one is being used to determine dependencies.

-- 
Chris