Subject: Re: bug#24057: 25.1.50; ffap interprets comments beginning with "//" as file path

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 11:41:03 -0400

tags 24057 patch
quit

Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]> writes:

> Btw if you don't mind explaining:
> - How did you detect that minor missing space? Do you have a minor mode? Or
> do you have a check function?

I enable ocd-mode in my brain while reading patches ;)

> - Being used to using single spaces at end of sentences, I always forget
> adding double spaces.

More seriously, I've gotten used to using double spaces and so single
spaced sentences stand out to me more now.

> Is there a robust way to ensure that sentences always
> end in double spaces in commit messages and in the docstrings?

The trouble is that sometimes a period followed by a space doesn't end a
sentence, e.g., in "Mr. Foo".  Actually, this ambiguity is what
convinced me to switch over to double spacing.  Such cases might be rare
enough in commit messages and docstrings that we could get away with
some automatic warning on all matches for "\\sw[.] \\<" though.

>
>  The attached patch has the double space fixed in the commit message.

Thanks, I will push to master in a couple of days.