Subject: bug#24057: 25.1.50; ffap interprets comments beginning with "//" as file path

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 19:30:28 -0400

Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is it is convention to not format the commit summaries into multiple
> paragraphs? I reread
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/plain/CONTRIBUTE but didn't find
> any mention on that. But I have removed that newline from the patch that I
> attach with this email.

Oh, then I don't understand why you separated that sentence into its own
paragraph, it seemed like a continuation of the same idea.  (In general,
paragraphs should go before the ChangeLog entries, because that format
doesn't allow for multiple paragraphs in the same entry (AFAIK)).

> characters (especially for major modes that have '//' as comment start
> characters). Otherwise, in a major mode like c-mode, with `ido-mode'
             ^^^

There should be double space between sentences though.

>
> Thanks! I did not know about parse-partial-sexp. Here too, I need to retain
> the save-excursion, else the point will move after the comment start chars
> if it is at the BOL in c-mode on a line like

Oops, right.  (I would consider just putting a single save-excursion
around the 'when', but it doesn't hugely matter either way (and Drew
would probably not like the single save-excursion version ;) [1]).)

[1]: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25777#38