Subject: Re: bug#24040: download instructions incomplete

From: Jay Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 20:57:21 +0000

Yes, thank you so much for your help! Ok, so I am assuming to be completely
new at Emacs. Based on the Windows Download instructions, but also OSX, I
can´t really tell what to do. Following what the website says, it appears I
can either download a zip file from a mirror, or get MSYS2 in order to
download it that way. It seemed that MSYS2 was a better approach because
downloading it gives me a bunch of files I have no idea what to do with. So
once I have gotten MSYS2 (a link would be helpful!), I enter the command
and see that it has downloaded. But what's next? Perhaps it would be useful
to have a link to the next steps to getting emacs running. I type in
´emacs´ and it is unrecognized. Do you feel me on what I am getting at?
Thanks for your patience and attentiveness!
Jay

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Jay Walker <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Jay,
>
> > I followed your download instructions and found they are so lacking,
> please
> > update!
>
> Which download instructions are you talking about?  Was it the
> instructions for Windows installation found on the Emacs website?
>
> Nico
>
-- 

*Jay Walker Paz*
*Implementation/Support*

*O: 612-424-6735*
*www.conserviscorp.com <http://www.conserviscorp.com/>*