Subject: Re: bug#24013: 25.0.95; Emacs 25.x uses up all memory and needs to be killed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 21:30:57 +0300

> From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 19:58:34 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
> > Thanks.  But does this mean you cannot put active regions into the
> > primary selection?  Or is that functionality intact after setting the
> > above option?
> 
> It doesn't seem to change anything I care about so far.  In fact it
> brings back the behaviour that the clipboard only contains stuff that
> gets explicitly copied instead of just about anything that gets
> selected.  You'd have to ask someone else how this is supposed to work
> in the other mode, I'm afraid.  There are two more options when "Ignore
> Selection" is off: one is selected by default ("Text selections only")
> and the other is off ("Synchronize contents of selection and
> clipboard").

I see.  Frankly, I feel a bit uneasy that Emacs somehow runs out of
memory in any scenario, but other than that, would you consider
describing this solution in PROBLEMS as good enough to go ahead with
releasing Emacs 25.1?  Perhaps even closing this bug?

Thanks.