Subject: bug#2401: 23.0.90; set-frame-width does not take effect immediately?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 12:35:54 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 07 May 2009 23:19:53 -0400, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> said:

> YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Jan, could you take a look at the patch in
>> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2401 ?
>> The code and comment are just a copy from x_set_window_size_1.
>> 
>> Maintainers, I think this change needs your approval to be
>> committed at this stage, because Emacs 22 has the same problem and
>> this is not a fix for a regression.

> If Emacs 22 has the same problem, let's wait till after the release
> to commit this.  The window manager handling code is delicate, and I
> don't want to make this kind of change now.

I forgot to mention in the last mail that this is a GTK+-only problem.
If you compare the default builds, i.e., Xaw for Emacs 22, and GTK+
for Emacs 23, then one could argue this is a regression.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]