Subject: bug#24004: closed (Re: bug#24004: 25.1.50; Animated images are no longer animated)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 07:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#24004: 25.1.50; Animated images are no longer animated

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
24004: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=24004
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#24004: 25.1.50; Animated images are no longer animated
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 16:35:29 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 13:01:04 +0200, Lars wrote:
> Test to reproduce:

> `M-x eww RET
> https://dropboxtechblog.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/lepton-4.gif RET'

> That's an animated GIF, but Emacs does not animate it.  I don't know
> when this started happening.

Started with 9c969e1.  In the beginning of `image-animate-timeout',
the 1st `when' will always get nil:

(defun image-animate-timeout (image n count time-elapsed limit target-time)
  "docstring"
  (when (and (buffer-live-p (plist-get (cdr image) :animate-buffer))
             ;; Delayed more than two seconds more than expected.
             (when (> (- (float-time) target-time) 2)
               (message "Stopping animation; animation possibly too big")
               nil))

So, the animation will never proceed.  I've fixed the logic as:

(defun image-animate-timeout (image n count time-elapsed limit target-time)
  "docstring"
  (when (and (buffer-live-p (plist-get (cdr image) :animate-buffer))
             ;; Delayed more than two seconds more than expected.
             (or (<= (- (float-time) target-time) 2)
                 (progn
                   (message "Stopping animation; animation possibly too big")
                   nil)))

Subject: 25.1.50; Animated images are no longer animated
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 13:01:04 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Test to reproduce:

`M-x eww RET
https://dropboxtechblog.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/lepton-4.gif RET'

That's an animated GIF, but Emacs does not animate it.  I don't know
when this started happening.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2016-07-14 built on stories
Repository revision: ff0ec6fd4d4779322aefa58df7329e47eb74bf72
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 (jessie)

Recent messages:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12094002 [2 times]
https://blogs.dropbox.com/tech/2016/07/lepton-image-compression-saving-22-losslessly-from-images-at-15mbs/
Contacting host: blogs.dropbox.com:443
Mark set
Contacting host: blogs.dropbox.com:443
Copied https://dropboxtechblog.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/lepton-4.gif
Contacting host: dropboxtechblog.files.wordpress.com:443
You can run the command ‘eww’ with G
Contacting host: dropboxtechblog.files.wordpress.com:443
Making completion list...

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Article

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/larsi/src/cddb.el/expect hides /home/larsi/lisp/expect
/home/larsi/src/cddb.el/captitle hides /home/larsi/lisp/captitle
/home/larsi/src/clock.el/clock hides /home/larsi/lisp/clock
~/pgnus/contrib/vcard hides /home/larsi/lisp/vcard
/home/larsi/src/pvr.el/pvr hides /home/larsi/lisp/pvr
~/lisp/zenirc-2.112/src/zenirc-example hides /home/larsi/lisp/zenirc-example
~/pgnus/contrib/compface hides /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/image/compface

Features:
(shadow ecomplete emacsbug sendmail misearch multi-isearch flow-fill
shr-color color eww vc-git diff-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs copyright vc-cvs
shell pcomplete thingatpt grep compile comint ring map gnus-html
help-fns radix-tree url-queue url-cache mm-archive qp sort smiley
ansi-color gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-dup gnus-ml gmane spam-gmane dns
mm-url disp-table gnus-fun gnus-mdrtn gnus-topic pop3 nndoc nnmbox utf-7
nnml nnfolder network-stream starttls nnir spam-report spam spam-stat
gnus-uu yenc gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum nndraft nnmh gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-win nnmail gnus-int gnus-range mail-source message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils whitespace movie mkv shr svg
imdb dom pvr debug debbugs-gnu easy-mmode derived debbugs soap-client
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp
xml ido flyspell ispell benchmark w3m browse-url doc-view subr-x dired
dired-loaddefs image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit
w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util add-log mail-extr
jka-compr cl finder-inf package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1469381 84498)
 (symbols 48 173434 120)
 (miscs 40 212 1105)
 (strings 32 249596 7208)
 (string-bytes 1 16974210)
 (vectors 16 37752)
 (vector-slots 8 925166 54443)
 (floats 8 7028 4068)
 (intervals 56 199966 3707)
 (buffers 976 52)
 (heap 1024 189159 118430))

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no