Subject: bug#24002: configure: missing call to AC_C_FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER

From: Thomas Klausner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 11:13:04 +0200

Hi!

On NetBSD, the build of guile-2.0.12 breaks early because
FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER is not defined:

In file included from strftime.c:33:0:
time-internal.h:48:14: error: 'FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER' undeclared here (not in a function)
   char abbrs[FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER];
              ^

config.h has:

/* #undef FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER */

I think the problem is that m4/gnulib-comp.m4 has:

  if test "$HAVE_TIMEZONE_T" = 0; then
    func_gl_gnulib_m4code_flexmember
  fi

but on NetBSD, HAVE_TIMEZONE_T is 1 and so
func_gl_gnulib_m4code_flexmember is not called and
FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER is not defined.

FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER is used in time-internal.h which is included by:

lib/time_rz.c lib/timegm.c lib/strftime.c lib/mktime.c

so there might be more cases where this will break.

Cheers,
 Thomas