Subject: Re: bug#2398: NOT FIXED - MUSTMATCH read-file-name arg, confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:23:45 -0400

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> FWIW, I don't see `2398' in the Changelog for either manual, but
> perhaps I didn't search correctly.

I wrote in a reply to bug#2398, on 19 March:

> The minibuffer changes have now been documented.

These are the relevant changelog entries (I didn't put in the bug number
in this case, though I probably should have; the reason is that these
changes were just part of a larger set of revisions to the manual.)

2009-03-15  Chong Yidong  <[email-masked]>

   * mini.texi (Completion Commands): Describe Emacs 23 completion rules.
     (Completion Options): Document read-file-name-completion-ignore-case,
     read-buffer-completion-ignore-case, and completion-styles.  Remove
     description of partial-completion-mode.

2009-03-17  Chong Yidong  <[email-masked]>

   * minibuf.texi (Basic Completion): Note that
   read-file-name-completion-ignore-case and
   read-buffer-completion-ignore-case can override
   completion-ignore-case.
   (Minibuffer Completion): Document completing-read changes.
   (Completion Commands): Avoid mentioning partial completion mode.
   Document minibuffer-completion-confirm changes, and
   minibuffer-confirm-exit-commands.
   (High-Level Completion): Document new require-match behavior for
   read-buffer.  Document read-buffer-completion-ignore-case.
   (Reading File Names): Document new require-match behavior for
   read-file-name.