Subject: 24.3; remote files not saved/restored to desktop-save

From: ken <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:47:52 -0400

Opened emacs with "emacs -Q".  Opened a local file and a remote file.

Saved both files.

Ran "M-x desktop-save", prompted for directory, used "~/.emacs.d/".

Exited with "C-x C-c".

In session 2: Opened emacs again with "emacs -Q", did "C-x C-b"; neither 
previous local nor remote file is listed.

================================================================

Did the same again, except at the beginning of session 2 I ran "M-x 
desktop-read"; this time the local file was successfully opened, but not 
the remote file.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.8)
  of 2015-11-20 on worker1.bsys.centos.org
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
Configured using:
  `configure '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
  '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix='
  '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr'
  '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
  '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include'
  '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec'
  '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
  '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus'
  '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff'
  '--with-xft' '--with-xpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-gpm=no'
  'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
  'host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
  -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
  -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
  -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x d e s k SPC r e a SPC <return> C-x C-b C-x 1 M-x
e m a c SPC v e r SPC <return> M-v C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-o C-o
2 4 . 3 . 1 C-a e m a c s SPC v e r s i o : C-h n C-g
q <backspace> n : SPC C-x C-s M-x r e p o SPC r SPC
e m SPC SPC <return>

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/zl/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 1 buffer restored.
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.8) of 
2015-11-20 on worker1.bsys.centos.org
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [10 times]
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Quit
Saving file /home/zl/tmp/testing-desktop...
Wrote /home/zl/tmp/testing-desktop
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu noutline outline easy-mmode
view desktop time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Delivery of messages to remote systems requires the existence
of communication paths to such systems. These need not exist.
        --Mailx manual