Subject: bug#23966: 25.1.50; Frame resizing due to tool bar + Gnus

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 11:29:45 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> As somebody who doesn't use tool bars normally, I'm wondering -- do we
> really need two different tool bar styles in Gnus?  Can't we just rip
> out the `retro' stuff and thing will possibly be less confusing?

Perhaps somebody on the Gnus mailing list has some input here.

To recap -- there's some bugs in enabling the Summary mode tool bar,
because there's some setup being done at Gnus load time.  This can be
fixed, I'm just wondering whether the proper fix here is to simplify the
code.

There's currently two tool bars for Gnus summary mode:

gnus-summary-tool-bar-retro
gnus-summary-tool-bar-gnome

I propose to get rid of the -retro one.  Does anybody object to that?
Or is the -gnome tool bar really specific to Gnome, and it won't work on
other OS-es or something?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no