Subject: 25.0.91; Unicode issue on OS X (Emacs 25)

From: "Артур Файзрахманов" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 13:04:18 +0500

Hi!  I'm using Emacs pretest version 25.0.91.1 on OS X El Capital.  If I
launch Emacs from GUI (e.g. from Applications folder or using Spotlight)
Unicode characters in mode-line are rendered wrong (I use diminish mode
to substitute some minor mode names with Unicode characters).  This is
not a case if I start Emacs manually from shell.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.91.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1603))
of 2016-02-14 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  fci-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail flycheck-haskell
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb .emacs
indent-guide smarty-mode php-mode speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs web-mode-expansions web-mode
disp-table fill-column-indicator dockerfile-mode sh-script smie
executable multiple-cursors mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more
mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core
the-org-mode-expansions org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs flycheck
find-func subr-x spaceline-config spaceline-segments s spaceline
powerline powerline-separators color powerline-themes evil-surround evil
evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands evil-jumps evil-command-window
evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states
evil-core evil-common windmove rect evil-digraphs evil-vars
expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom g-utils whitespace diminish smex
savehist smart-input-methods quail exec-path-from-shell undo-tree diff
projectile grep ibuf-ext ibuffer thingatpt magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core magit-autorevert
autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-popup magit-mode magit-git crm
magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit message dired rfc822 mml
mml-sec epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util
add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec server dash
ido-vertical-mode haskell haskell-completions haskell-load
haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox
haskell-repl haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-collapse haskell-navigate-imports
haskell-compile haskell-process haskell-session url-util url-parse
auth-source gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars json map haskell-hoogle haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme rx haskell-align-imports
haskell-compat haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support noutline
outline flymake etags xref cl-seq project eieio eieio-core compile
comint ring dabbrev ansi-color haskell-customize diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode easy-mmode company edmacro kmacro paren hl-line
solarized-theme solarized-definitions cl-macs flx-ido advice flx ido seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode cus-start
cus-load autopack cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib finder-inf info package
easymenu epg-config time-date mule-util cyril-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 647720 165564)
(symbols 48 49274 1)
(miscs 40 1524 1955)
(strings 32 119887 127648)
(string-bytes 1 3680999)
(vectors 16 98031)
(vector-slots 8 2050697 131521)
(floats 8 9045 5685)
(intervals 56 500 363)
(buffers 976 11))