Subject: Re: bug#23946: 25.0.91; Unicode issue on OS X (Emacs 25)

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 09:41:10 +0100

On 10 August 2016 at 09:30, Geraldus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> *> When you say ‘start Emacs manually from shell’, do you mean run the GUI*
> *> Emacs from the shell, or run it within the terminal?*
> *> *
> *> How are you running it, just typing ‘emacs’?*
>
> Yes, I mean GUI application.  I have two ways to launch GUI app — by
> clicking on Emacs icon (the issue appears), and by command invocation in my
> terminal; I use `fish` shell with default Mac OS Terminal app, the exact
> command I'm using is
>
> fish -c '/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs&'
>

Can you please check the value of the $LANG environment variable within
emacs when you load it each way:

(getenv "LANG")

This is set from the system when loaded via spotlight, but from the
terminal's environment when loaded at the command line. It might have an
effect if it's different, I'm not sure.
-- 
Alan Third