Subject: bug#23944: CC Mode 5.33 (C++); indent problem with cout

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:11:34 +0000

Hello, Frank.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 02:57:51PM +0200, Frank Haun wrote:
> Hi,

> I get wrong indent after cout. It happens when last char in the cout
> string is an ":" or "?".

> #include <iostream>
> using namespace std;
> int main()
> {
>   cout << "Hello:";
>     // comment
> }

First, thanks for the report, and thanks even more for cutting the code
down to an easily usable crisp few lines.  The CC Mode config dump is
also appreciated.

The problem here was a typo in a change a fortnight or so ago.  I think
I have corrected it in the Emacs savannah repository, master branch,
with the following commit:

commit d0dc74a3a8bc59df3ca88810710d1234a9a08920
Author: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Jul 14 12:42:17 2016 +0000

I would be grateful if you would update your Emacs, and check in your
real code that the bug really is fixed.  Please confirm that this is the
case, or let me know what is still wrong.  If everything's OK, I can
close the bug.

Thanks!

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).