Subject: bug#23942: closed ()

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23942: 24.4; Calc; calc-unix-time returns incorrect date

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23942: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23942
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

From: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 00:26:01 +0900 (JST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Already fixed in emacs-25 and master branches

Subject: 24.4; Calc; calc-unix-time returns incorrect date
From: Vladimir Grul <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 22:41:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Entering the following number and operation into calc window

 1468144800

 `t U'

results in

 <10:00am Mon Jul 11, 2016>

while I think the correct result should be <10:00am Mon Jul 10, 2016>

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-03-07 on trouble, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: cs_CZ.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C++/l

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x c a l c <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> <drag-mouse-2> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> t U q M-x r e p 
o r t e m <tab> <backspace> <backspace> - e <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Loading gnus...done
Loading icomplete...done
Loading paren...done
communicator.cpp has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Wrote /home/vgrul/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 2 frames, 16 buffers restored.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading /home/vgrul/.emacs.d/session.10656e7069000146134727500000020570025...done
Restored session data
Welcome to the GNU Emacs Calculator!  Press `?' or `h' for help, `q' to quit

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/rst

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums calccomp calc-arith calc-misc
cal-dst calc-alg calc-forms calc-aent calc-yank calc-ext calc-menu calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs mule-util info org-element org-rmail org-mhe
org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view image-mode dired
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org advice org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs saveplace jka-compr
paren icomplete gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr wid-edit desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib
cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 243007 6271)
 (symbols 48 34170 0)
 (miscs 40 387 270)
 (strings 32 57386 6598)
 (string-bytes 1 1730006)
 (vectors 16 23117)
 (vector-slots 8 547291 6486)
 (floats 8 145 399)
 (intervals 56 1069 0)
 (buffers 960 29)
 (heap 1024 34901 1188))