Subject: RE: bug#23935: 25.1.50; simple reproducible crash for emacs -Q: `M-: (+ 1997 120 400)'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:09:50 +0000 (UTC)

> > > Do you have Process Explorer installed?
> 
> I think it's important to know which Uniscribe DLL is loaded by Emacs
> on your machine.

I installed it.

I started Emacs -Q. I see the emacs.exe process in Process Explorer,
but I don't see any usp10, and I don't see any Uniscribe.  The only
processes listed whose names begin with "u" are unsecapp.exe and
UdaterUI.exe (McAfee).

I tried Show Process Tree, but didn't see anything there either.

I tried Find > Process Explorer Search > Handle or DLL substring,
but that also did not find ups10 or uniscribe or Uniscribe. Perhaps
it has another name?

> > > Right-click "Computer" and select "Manage".  Expand "Event Viewer",
> > > then expand "Windows Logs", then click on Application.  After a few
> > > seconds, you will be presented with a list of events; look for ones
> > > labeled "Error" around the time of a crash.  Double-clicking on such a
> > > line will show the details of the crash.
> >
> > Nope. The only errors I see listed there from July (when I did these
> > tests) are for Google Update and a VPN executable.
> 
> Even more strange.
> When Emacs crashes, does it pop up some dialog?  If so, which dialog?

See attached. #2 is shown after I click No in #1.