Subject: Re: bug#23925: 25.0.95; display broken when maximizing frame

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 08:52:24 +0900

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 05:03:51 +0900,
Clément Pit-Claudel wrote:
> 
> I can reproduce the issue again.  
> 
> On 26 Mar 2019, Yamamoto Mitsuharu wrote:
> > Does the OP still have the similar problem on master?  If so, could
> > you try the patch below?
> 
> The patch doesn't apply any more for me :/ Could you refresh it?

The patch has already been applied on master in a different form.  It
surely fixed some problem with resizing by mouse dragging.  But it
seems that another problem has been reintroduced.

> My current recipe is this:
> 
>   src/emacs -Q --eval "(progn (load-theme 'tango-dark t) (sleep-for 1) (setq-default initial-frame-alist '((fullscreen . maximized))) (tool-bar-mode -1) (menu-bar-mode -1))"
> 
> It produces a display similar to the screenshot attached.

Thanks.  I could reproduce it on Linux Mint 18.3 with GTK+3 and GTK+2
builds.  On the other hand, none of --with-x-toolkit=no/athena/motif
exhibits this problem.  Probably this has something to do with
GTK+-specific code.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]