Subject: bug#23925: closed (Re: bug#23925: 25.0.95; display broken when maximizing frame)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 00:37:05 +0000

Your bug report

#23925: 25.0.95; cairo: display broken when maximizing frames

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23925: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23925
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23925: 25.0.95; display broken when maximizing frame
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
To: Clément Pit-Claudel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Roland Winkler <[email-masked]>, Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 09:36:30 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 23:07:06 +0900,
Clément Pit-Claudel wrote:
>
> > Thanks for trying.  Could you also try the following patch (without
> > inhibiting double buffering)?
> 
> That works for me too :)  Thanks!

The patch is installed on master as 2da3305c3c3.  Closing the bug.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]

Subject: 25.0.95; display broken when maximizing frame
From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 22:02:23 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After a long time I build again a more recent emacs.  Unfortunately
it gives me a rather unpleasant experience when maximizing the emacs
frame (using the maximize function of the xfce window manager):
somehow the frame is not redrawn properly, emacs seems to be unaware
of the new frame size and the minibuffer disappears completely.
Instead the desktop background is displayed in large parts of the
emacs frame.  Unmaximizing makes the problem go away.  But obviously
that is no solution.  I can provide more details if you let me know
what would be interesting.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.95.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9, cairo version 1.14.6)
 of 2016-07-08 built on regnitz
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11803000
System Description:	Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xwidgets --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-cairo'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF
GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT
LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: 
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix