Subject: bug#23923: closed (Re: bug#23923: 25.0.94; GDB duplicate menu entry)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 00:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23923: 25.0.94; GDB duplicate menu entry

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23923: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23923
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23923: 25.0.94; GDB duplicate menu entry
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 19:48:17 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 26.1

commit 69dde0c
Date:   Fri Mar 3 19:46:57 2017 -0500

    Avoid duplicate gud menu items with gdb-mi
    
    * lisp/progmodes/gud.el (gud-menu-map): Avoid duplicate "Run"
    entries in gdbmi mode.  (Bug#23923)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/gud.el b/lisp/progmodes/gud.el
index 1301758..7ab1442 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/gud.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/gud.el
@@ -146,7 +146,11 @@ Used to gray out relevant toolbar icons.")
     ([refresh]	"Refresh" . gud-refresh)
     ([run]	menu-item "Run" gud-run
                   :enable (not gud-running)
-		  :visible (memq gud-minor-mode '(gdbmi gdb dbx jdb)))
+		  :visible (or (memq gud-minor-mode '(gdb dbx jdb))
+			       (and (eq gud-minor-mode 'gdbmi)
+				    (or (not (gdb-show-run-p))
+					(bound-and-true-p
+					 gdb-active-process)))))
     ([go]	menu-item (if (bound-and-true-p gdb-active-process)
 			      "Continue" "Run") gud-go
 		  :visible (and (eq gud-minor-mode 'gdbmi)

Subject: 25.0.94; GDB duplicate menu entry
From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 19:52:26 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

        When starting GDB I see a duplicate menu entry:

0. emacs -Q

1. MenuBar     Tools->Debugger (GDB)
Run gdb (like this): gdb -i=mi RET

2. MenuBar  Gud

        I then see duplicate "Run" in the menu.
        
        I don't know if one of the "Run" menu items is suppose
        to be something else or is just a duplicate.

        Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-05-18 built on copr-builder-587584625.novalocal
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11799901
Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(misearch multi-isearch eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
find-func pp shadow emacsbug thingatpt nnagent nnml shr-color color shr
dom subr-x browse-url mailalias smtpmail sendmail sort gnus-cite smiley
ansi-color mail-extr qp gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table
cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh nndoc mm-archive timezone url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth url-handlers utf-7 rfc2104 nnfolder network-stream
nsm starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache epa-file epa derived nnreddit mm-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs url-vars json map seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap cl gv
sieve sieve-mode sieve-manage nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems wid-edit nnoo nnheader
gnus-util mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 318464 205327)
 (symbols 48 124555 144)
 (miscs 40 267 1289)
 (strings 32 100760 14188)
 (string-bytes 1 3644872)
 (vectors 16 29860)
 (vector-slots 8 1100746 110889)
 (floats 8 587 1519)
 (intervals 56 6985 2643)
 (buffers 976 136)
 (heap 1024 88032 37645))