Subject: bug#23921: 25.0.94; Default Window Size

From: Sky Nerd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 14:59:12 -0500

There was no action that triggered the bug to my knowledge.

Ever since I installed GNU Emacs for windows, I would open Emacs through

the command prompt, and the window height would exceed the height my

screen. The bottom 5-7 lines were always cut off. In windows, program
windows

can usually be resized, and the window size would be the same when the

program is reinitialized, but this technique did not work with this

version of Emacs.

Fortunately, I found your contanct information, and Drew Adams was able

to help me fix the issue. Emacs is no longer cut off when I open the

program.

Thank you,

Nathan

In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.2 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)

 of 2016-05-26 built on KAEL

Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601

Configured using:

 'configure --prefix=/tmp/emacs --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O2

 -fomit-frame-pointer -g0''

Configured features:

XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:

  value of $LANG: ENU

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:

  tooltip-mode: t

  global-eldoc-mode: t

  electric-indent-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  tool-bar-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:

Source file ‘c:/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.94/lisp/mail/mail-utils.el’ newer
than byte-compiled file

Source file ‘c:/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.94/lisp/help-fns.el’ newer than
byte-compiled file

Source file ‘c:/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.94/lisp/emacs-lisp/easymenu.el’
newer than byte-compiled file

Source file ‘c:/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.94/lisp/gnus/rfc2045.el’ newer than
byte-compiled file

Source file ‘c:/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.94/lisp/gnus/gmm-utils.el’ newer
than byte-compiled file

Source file ‘c:/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.94/lisp/gnus/mm-bodies.el’ newer
than byte-compiled file

Source file ‘c:/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.94/lisp/gnus/mm-encode.el’ newer
than byte-compiled file

Source file ‘c:/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.94/lisp/gnus/mm-decode.el’ newer
than byte-compiled file

Source file ‘c:/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.94/lisp/epg-config.el’ newer than
byte-compiled file

Source file ‘c:/Emacs/share/emacs/25.0.94/lisp/dired.el’ newer than
byte-compiled file

Load-path shadows:

None found.

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml

mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies

mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail

rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu

cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils manoj-dark-theme

time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks

lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars

term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe

tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page

menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock

syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang

misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms

cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian

cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help

simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces

cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format

env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote

w32notify dbusbind w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:

((conses 16 96480 8601)

 (symbols 56 20136 0)

 (miscs 48 41 126)

 (strings 32 16813 4205)

 (string-bytes 1 439061)

 (vectors 16 11732)

 (vector-slots 8 422742 5232)

 (floats 8 176 63)

 (intervals 56 200 0)

 (buffers 976 11))