Subject: bug#23917: 25.0.95; commit 3a9d6296b35e5317c497674d5725eb52699bd3b8 causing org-capture to error out

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 14:42:02 +0200

(this is with org-20160704 from elpa. The org version ("8.2.10") in
emacs-25 does not exhibit this error)

This is from emacs -Q, with a subsequent changing of load-paths to
point at the elpa org. Reverting the commit mentioned above makes the
error go away.

In gdb:

Breakpoint 3, Freplace_match (newtext=8699012, fixedcase=<optimised out>, literal=0, string=<optimised out>, subexp=<optimised out>)
    at search.c:2710
2710	    error ("Match data clobbered by buffer modification hooks");
(gdb) xbacktrace 
"replace-match" (0xffffc680)
"org-capture-empty-lines-after" (0xffffc850)
"org-capture-place-entry" (0xffffca30)
"org-capture-place-template" (0xffffcc10)
"org-capture" (0xffffcf20)
"funcall-interactively" (0xffffcf18)
"call-interactively" (0xffffd180)
"command-execute" (0xffffd328)
"execute-extended-command" (0xffffd580)
"funcall-interactively" (0xffffd578)
"call-interactively" (0xffffd820)
"command-execute" (0xffffd998)

Based on the discussion in Bug#23869, there's a hook somewhere that
needs to do save-match-data, but I have no idea how to figure out
which one.