Subject: 25.0.95; libxml2 library not found

From: Lervåg, Alf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 10:30:47 +0000

Eval the following in *scratch*

    (require 'package)
    (add-to-list 'package-archives
                 '("melpa" . "http://stable.melpa.org/packages/") t)
    (package-initialize)
    (package-refresh-contents)

    (package-install 'flycheck)

    (global-flycheck-mode)

Then open and edit a javascript file.

Flycheck complains about missing libxml2. As far as I can see, this
should have been bundled with emacs.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.95.1 (i686-w64-mingw32)
of 2016-06-12 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
'configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --without-dbus
--without-compress-install CFLAGS=-static'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: NOR
 locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: JavaScript

Minor modes in effect:
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Wrote c:/Users/alfler/tmp/.emacs.d/elpa/flycheck-28/flycheck.elc
Checking c:/Users/alfler/tmp/.emacs.d/elpa/flycheck-28...
Done (Total of 2 files compiled, 3 skipped)
(New file)
libxml2 library not found [3 times]
Suspicious state from syntax checker javascript-eslint: Checker javascript-eslint returned non-zero exit code 1, but no errors from output: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><checkstyle version="4.3"><file name="c:/Users/alfler/tmp/test.js"><error line="1" column="1" severity="error" message="Parsing error: The keyword &apos;import&apos; is reserved" source="" /></file></checkstyle>

Checker definition probably flawed.
ESC M-x is undefined
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail js advice sgml-mode imenu
thingatpt cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ert pp ewoc debug flycheck derived edmacro
kmacro subr-x dash jka-compr let-alist easy-mmode tar-mode json map
find-func epl rx compile comint ansi-color ring autoload lisp-mnt
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit mm-archive message dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils network-stream nsm starttls
url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw
url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs gnus-util mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars finder-inf package
epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 214851 46200)
(symbols 32 31351 20)
(miscs 32 51 179)
(strings 16 52674 10704)
(string-bytes 1 1587151)
(vectors 8 33338)
(vector-slots 4 1361808 23628)
(floats 8 301 367)
(intervals 28 343 177)
(buffers 520 14))