Subject: Re: bug#23916: 25.0.95; libxml2 library not found

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 16:55:00 +0300

tags 23916 + notabug
thanks

> From: [email-masked],  Alf <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 10:30:47 +0000
> 
> Flycheck complains about missing libxml2. As far as I can see, this
> should have been bundled with emacs.

No, Emacs was built with libxml support, but you need to install the
library separately.

On MS-Windows, users are not required to have all the optional
libraries that the Emacs binary can support; each library will be
dynamically loaded if and when needed for the first time.  But the
library itself is a separate DLL, and does not come with Emacs,
because distributing these DLLs with Emacs is a burden the volunteers
who provide the Emacs binary don't have to take upon themselves.

The file README.W32 in the distribution should tell you where you can
find these DLLs.