Subject: Re: bug#23910: [Guix Info][7.1.5] Should warn user about losing Internet or DNS connection

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 11:52:17 +0200

Hello!

Eus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Sorry for replying just now. I did not try to reproduce the bug back at
> that time. So, I took the time yesterday to try to reproduce the bug. And,
> I cannot reproduce the problem after repeating the following rough steps
> two times with the same bootable disk and machine and network (but the
> external connection to the ISP may have changed in the mean time):
>
> 1. Format my /dev/sda8
> 2. Swapon my /dev/sda7
> 3. mount my /dev/sda8 to /mnt
> 4. herd start cow-store /mnt
> 5. umount /tmp
> 6. mount --bind /mnt/tmp2 /tmp
> 7. ifconfig, wpa_supplicant, dhclient
> 8. guix pull
> 9. guix system --no-grub --keep-failed init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt

Normally step #8 can be omitted because hydra.gnu.org still has binaries
for the packages 0.11.0 provides.

Step #6 is also redundant with step #4 (‘herd start cow-store’ make /tmp
a bind mount to /mnt/tmp; see gnu/system/install.scm:154.)

> The whole process took just about 100 minutes.

That’s a lot of time.

> So, I cannot reproduce the bug.

Great.  Thanks for taking the time to verify!

Ludo’.