Subject: 24.5; tramp-use-ssh-controlmaster-options default value

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 09:56:32 +0200

Hi, I see that `tramp-use-ssh-controlmaster-options` is still set to
non-nil by default in emacs-25, for some reasons, this hang emacs when
loading tramp with most recents versions of ubuntu and linuxmint and I
have several bug reports about this in helm.

What about disabling this by default ?

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2016-06-27 on dell-14z
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
System Description:	Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa

Configured using:
 `configure CFLAGS=-O3'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-top-poll-mode: t
  helm-push-mark-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-popup-tip-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/thierry/Maildir/drafts/cur/1467876772.0df22529214696e9.dell-14z:2,DS
[mu4e] Saved (22 lines)
Sending...
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Delivering message to emacs-helm/helm <reply+001767f3983fd5bdddcb[email-masked]>...
Sending...done
[mu4e] Message sent
Delivering message to emacs-helm/helm <reply+001767f3983fd5bdddcb[email-masked]>...done
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
/home/thierry/.emacs.d/elpa/boxquote-20081011.1326/boxquote hides ~/elisp/boxquote
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath

Features:
(shadow emacsbug helm-command smtpmail-async mail-extr sort epa-mail
smiley gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader w3m-form mule-util epa-file
tramp-cache nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok js imenu vc-rcs ledger-config ledger cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
conf-mode flymake jedi auto-complete jedi-core python-environment epc
ctable concurrent deferred python json vc-git naquadah-theme em-unix
em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias tv-utils powerline
powerline-separators color powerline-themes windmove benchmark-init
toc-org ert ewoc debug elp esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
markdown-mode preview-latex tex-site auto-loads addressbook-bookmark
mu4e-config org-mu4e helm-mu mu4e-contrib mu4e desktop frameset
mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-context
mu4e-view epa derived epg mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 smtpmail sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message
html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-vars hl-line cl mu4e-meta
config-w3m w3m-search w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone
w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util git-gutter cus-edit wid-edit ange-ftp xdvi-search
eldoc-eval undo-tree diff magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit magit-apply magit-wip
magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert
autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-popup magit-mode help-mode
magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log with-editor tramp-sh server dash pcomplete-extension
pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu psession iterator iedit iedit-lib dired-extension
org-config-thierry ob-sh org-crypt org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs finder-inf
init-helm-thierry helm-descbinds helm-sys popup helm-ring helm-elisp
helm-eval edebug eldoc helm-mode helm-files image-dired tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec dired-x
ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive
helm-info bookmark pp helm-locate helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep grep
helm-regexp helm-plugin helm-external helm-net xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm
helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib helm-extensions-autoloads
helm-config helm-autoloads helm-easymenu async-bytecomp dired-async
dired-aux dired async net-utils time winner w3m-wget wget wget-sysdep
cmake-mode thingatpt rx autotest-mode autoconf-mode sh-script smie
executable ps-print ps-def lpr rst compile comint ring image-file
savehist paren woman man ansi-color cl-macs gv ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff browse-url
advice help-fns mb-depth edmacro kmacro use-package diminish bind-key
easy-mmode eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv
eieio-core info easymenu package epg-config time-date avoid cus-start
cus-load cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 650531 231751)
 (symbols 48 67198 10)
 (miscs 40 417 2592)
 (strings 32 184323 115571)
 (string-bytes 1 5519685)
 (vectors 16 67505)
 (vector-slots 8 1059161 89862)
 (floats 8 2305 1989)
 (intervals 56 3052 1658)
 (buffers 960 112)
 (heap 1024 85864 10881))

-- 
Thierry