Subject: Re: bug#23897: 25.1.50; Argument at point not being highlighted in eldoc hints

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 19:31:26 +0000

Phew, finally.

After git bisecting, I have narrowed down this bug to this commit:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=0644e6f56d2be82dd716478eb65e7b3c761d813d

So I ended git bisecting at this point:

km²~/downloads/:git/emacs> git stash save && git bisect good

Saved working directory and index state WIP on (no branch): 1f55925 ; Fix
breakage from previous commit
HEAD is now at 1f55925 ; Fix breakage from previous commit
Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 1 step)
[0644e6f56d2be82dd716478eb65e7b3c761d813d] Fix copying properties in
'format' when it produces padding

Building emacs using that commit shows that bug.

I don't understand what the C code does. But the comments make somewhat
sense as that code change has to do with the format function, and thus
related to the incorrect text properties of eldoc hints.
-- 

-- 
Kaushal Modi