Subject: 25.0.94; Org-mode Table does not copy time interval correctly

From: Rares Vernica <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 22:30:08 -0700

In the following table:

| [2016-07-03 Sun]--[2016-07-04 Mon] | 1d | d   |
| [2016-07-03 Sun]--[2016-07-05 Tue] | 2d | 2 d |
#+TBLFM: $3=$2

The second column is computed by pressing C-u C-c C-y. This sequence
calculates the time difference between the time-stamps in the previous
column and inserts the difference in the current column. This is fine.

Now, for the third column, I insert the formula listed at the bottom of
the table. Once applied, the result of the formula for the fist row is
just "d" instead of "1d". So, it seems that the value is not copied
correctly.

This seems to work fine if the time-stamp range is greater than one
day. Also, for the second row, the value is copied correctly but there
is an extra " " inserted between the number and the "d" letter. This
might not be desirable.

Appending "D" at the end of the formula, yields the same result:

| [2016-07-03 Sun]--[2016-07-04 Mon] | 1d | d   |
| [2016-07-03 Sun]--[2016-07-05 Tue] | 2d | 2 d |
#+TBLFM: $3=$2;D

I also tried appending "T" at the end of the formula:

| [2016-07-03 Sun]--[2016-07-04 Mon] | 1d | 00:00:01 |
| [2016-07-03 Sun]--[2016-07-05 Tue] | 2d | 00:00:02 |
#+TBLFM: $3=$2;T

The numeric value is copied correctly but the days are now changed to
seconds.

I attached a dribble file which allows you to reproduce the first row in
the first table.

<#part type="application/octet-stream" filename="~/org-copy-bug.dribble"
disposition=attachment>
<#/part>

In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.4)
 of 2016-05-18 built on buildhw-10.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
System Description:    Fedora release 24 (Twenty Four)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 86524 7003)
 (symbols 48 19784 0)
 (miscs 40 39 146)
 (strings 32 14348 4717)
 (string-bytes 1 410110)
 (vectors 16 11716)
 (vector-slots 8 428442 4776)
 (floats 8 165 61)
 (intervals 56 264 0)
 (buffers 976 12)
 (heap 1024 26216 1084))