Subject: bug#23890: 25.0.94; Org-mode Table does not copy time interval correctly

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 23:58:31 +0200

Hello,

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Rares Vernica <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
>> Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 12:30:48 -0400
>> 
>> (Isn't it weird to have a component of Emacs for which we effectively
>> don't accept bug reports?)
>
> It is.  But as long as the Org maintainers are rare guests here, I see
> no other way.

It isn't a bug actually.

Spreadsheet formulas are sent to Calc (unless it starts with "'(" in
which case it is treated as Elisp). Doing symbolic computations, Calc
parses "1d" as one time the symbolic variable "d". So "1d" is the same
as "d".

Basically, the OP could use instead:

  #+TBLFM: $3='(identity $2)

I guess we could add a "raw" mode string, e.g., ;R, but that's out of
the scope of this bug report.

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou