Subject: 25.1.50; Info calc -- No such node or anchor: Top

From: Udyant Wig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 15:49:03 +0530

I tried to open the Calc manual in Info with these steps:

0    C-h i
1    m calc
2     error mentioned in the Subject

In the top level Info directory, I could access most of the other
nodes I tried.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.13 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2016-07-03 built on rudiments
Repository revision: 1e97ecb964a478e8b2f08b628695ac02b923eabe
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 (jessie)

Recent messages:
Composing main Info directory...done
user-error: No such node or anchor: Top
Making completion list... [2 times]

Configured using:
 'configure --with-gnutls --with-rsvg --without-toolkit-scroll-bars'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS FREETYPE
XFT ZLIB GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/textmodes/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/textmodes/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/net/hmac-def hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/net/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/net/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
find-func pcmpl-unix emacsbug message puny format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sh-script
smie executable vc-git diff-mode make-mode misearch multi-isearch
dired-aux map shell find-dired pp help-fns radix-tree c-macs
fi-site-init fi-manual allegro-manual-data thingatpt sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils add-log advice etags
xref project ledger-mode ledger-schedule ledger-xact ledger-texi
ledger-test ledger-state ledger-sort ledger-report ledger-reconcile
derived ledger-post ledger-occur ledger-navigate ledger-init
ledger-fontify ledger-fonts ledger-exec ledger-context ledger-complete
ledger-commodities pcomplete comint ansi-color ring esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-arg esh-util ledger-regex rx w3m browse-url doc-view subr-x
jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb easy-mmode bookmark-w3m
w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util wid-edit
edmacro kmacro dired dired-loaddefs finder-inf tex-site slime-autoloads
info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
time battery server cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 323424 26244)
 (symbols 48 39045 0)
 (miscs 40 116 763)
 (strings 32 73374 8373)
 (string-bytes 1 2242645)
 (vectors 16 29598)
 (vector-slots 8 662351 10206)
 (floats 8 326 302)
 (intervals 56 4427 3910)
 (buffers 976 23)
 (heap 1024 56226 2938))

-- 
Udyant Wig