Subject: Re: bug#23888: 25.1.50; Info calc -- No such node or anchor: Top

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 17:43:58 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Udyant Wig <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 08:55:48 +0530
> 
>   Full contents from top level Info node:

Thanks.  Here's the source of your problem:

> * Calc: (calc).                 Advanced desk calculator and mathematical tool.
[...]
> * Calc: (emacs-24/calc).        Advanced desk calculator and mathematical tool.

The top-level menu has 2 identical items pointing to 2 different
places.  Emacs complains about one of them, not sure which one.

Another anomaly is with your value of Info-directory-list you reported
in your previous message:

  Info-directory-list
  => ("/home/udyant/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.89.4"
      "/home/udyant/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-2.7.0"
      "/home/udyant/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-popup-2.7.0"
      "/home/udyant/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-2.18"
      "/home/udyant/.emacs.d/elpa/with-editor-2.5.1"
      "/usr/local/share/info/"
      "/usr/share/info/"
      "/usr/local/share/info/")

Where does this value come from?  Do you have INFOPATH set in the
environment (and if so, to what value)?  Or do you customize
Info-directory-list directly in your init file(s)?

And where's that emacs-24 subdirectory with the other Calc manual,
relatively to the directories on your Info-directory-list?