Subject: 25.1.50; opening a file named ebrowse tries to start EBrowse

From: [email-masked] (Alfred M. Szmidt)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 10:32:06 -0400

When trying to do:

	C-x C-f ebrowse RET

Emacs tries to be a bit too smart, and thinks that it should switch
the mode on the file to ebrowse-tree-mode.  

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.5 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.6)
 of 2016-06-20 built on scandium
Redisplaying...done
8 marks removed
Hit space to flush
Quit [2 times]
(New file)
Making completion list...

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Eshell

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/misc hides /home/ams/emacs/lisp/misc
~/loaddefs hides /home/ams/emacs/lisp/loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug ebrowse ebuff-menu view diff vc-annotate python
tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize json
map rect org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
org-docview doc-view jka-compr org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs quail ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs mailalias parse-time vc-filewise log-view
novice rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok
two-column conf-mode log-edit pcvs-util add-log tabify perl-mode
sh-script executable ruler-mode hl-line pulse imenu man vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher ruby-mode
smie yaml-mode cmacexp repeat dabbrev hexl asm-mode cus-start cus-load
grep image-mode tar-mode help-fns pcmpl-gnu wdired dired-aux make-mode
pcmpl-unix shell cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs misearch multi-isearch shr-color
color rmailsum rmailout url-util url-parse url-vars shr svg xml dom
subr-x qp rmailmm message dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail
rmail-loaddefs em-unix em-term term ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
pcomplete esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util network-stream puny seq
nsm auth-source password-cache starttls tls gnutls server rcirc
mail-queue sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu
slime-package-fu slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree
slime-scratch slime-presentations advice bridge slime-macrostep
macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl elp slime-parse slime
derived edmacro kmacro gud apropos compile etags xref cl-seq project
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv
eieio-core eieio-loaddefs arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline pp
comint ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt browse-url slime-autoloads
cl-macs vc-git diff-mode easymenu easy-mmode time-date autoload
radix-tree lisp-mnt cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib disp-table
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 735003 105690)
 (symbols 48 47717 0)
 (miscs 40 5203 3413)
 (strings 32 114618 14404)
 (string-bytes 1 3794925)
 (vectors 16 73843)
 (vector-slots 8 1789665 68807)
 (floats 8 661 801)
 (intervals 56 58254 1717)
 (buffers 976 137)
 (heap 1024 288278 283655))