Subject: 25.0.95; face Info-quoted is not displayed on Redhat 6.6

From: [email-masked] (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 08:33:50 +0200

I'm calling from "emacs -Q" the info system with `C-h i' and any
character in Info between quotes are just displayed with a rectangular
box.  I'm compiling Emacs on an elderly RHEL at work.  What can I do to
enable Emacs to display the info files in a readable way?

Thank you very much

      Dieter

In GNU Emacs 25.0.95.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2016-06-22 built on sbav106x.vs.de.conti.de
Windowing system distributor 'Red Hat, Inc.', version 11.0.11500000
System Description:	Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-gif=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF PNG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Composing main Info directory...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils info easymenu time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 91409 5137)
 (symbols 48 19958 0)
 (miscs 40 63 186)
 (strings 32 16092 4306)
 (string-bytes 1 560678)
 (vectors 16 12919)
 (vector-slots 8 440175 5108)
 (floats 8 169 127)
 (intervals 56 309 1036)
 (buffers 976 13)
 (heap 1024 36723 2346))

-- 
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm
Kelkheim, Germany