Subject: bug#23829: closed (Re: bug#23829: 25.0.90; ruby-mode.el ruby-toggle-string-quotes bug fix)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 04:39:01 +0000

Your bug report

#23829: 25.0.90; ruby-mode.el ruby-toggle-string-quotes bug fix

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23829: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23829
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23829: 25.0.90; ruby-mode.el ruby-toggle-string-quotes bug fix
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Sriram Thaiyar <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: Bozhidar Batsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 07:38:15 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 25.2

Hi Sriram,

On 06/22/2016 08:12 PM, Sriram Thaiyar wrote:
> Attached is a patch to fix `ruby-toggle-string-quotes' in ruby-mode.el.
> It was messing up when there were other quotes within the string.

Thanks for the patch, pushed to master. I had to reformat the commit 
message a bit, though. Also see the follow-up commit, fixing a related case.

> I tried to send this via "M-x report-emacs-bug" and "C-c M-i", but that
> 404s with a Bad Request for Gmail.

Not sure where that 404 would be coming from, or why (I don't use 
Gmail), but you might want to send a separate bug report for that. With 
some details.

Subject: 25.0.90; ruby-mode.el ruby-toggle-string-quotes bug fix
From: Sriram Thaiyar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:12:09 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Attached is a patch to fix `ruby-toggle-string-quotes' in ruby-mode.el.
It was messing up when there were other quotes within the string.

I tried to send this via "M-x report-emacs-bug" and "C-c M-i", but that
404s with a Bad Request for Gmail.

=============================================
In GNU Emacs 25.0.90.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21
Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1603))
 of 2016-01-30 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1347
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Magit

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  autopair-global-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  my-keys-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Open /Users/Sri/Desktop/emacs/test/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode-tests.el
Turning on magit-auto-revert-mode...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
C-x g
Ran 1 tests, 0 results were as expected, 1 unexpected
Mark set
ruby-toggle-string-quotes
Ran 1 tests, 1 results were as expected
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [4 times]

Load-path shadows:
/Users/Sri/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160616.217/helm-multi-match hides
/Users/Sri/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160617.307/helm-multi-match

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail ruby-end ruby-mode-tests
ruby-mode smie ert ewoc debug helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug
map yasnippet web-mode disp-table smart-mode-line-dark-theme
smart-mode-line rich-minority ob-ruby ob-python ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs magit-blame
magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-popup
magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit
message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor tramp-sh helm-ls-git vc-git
diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher helm-mode helm-files image-dired tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec
dired-aux helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark
helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp
helm-plugin helm-external helm-net browse-url xml helm-utils helm-help
helm-types helm easy-mmode helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match
helm-lib helm-config helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro async-bytecomp async
go-mode url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap find-file compile elisp-slime-nav
etags xref project coffee-mode rx bm autopair advice dired-x dired view
hl-line solarized-dark-theme solarized color recentf tree-widget
wid-edit ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util ediff hippie-exp comint ansi-color linum ido seq
server paren winner ring whitespace rect ffap thingatpt url-parse
auth-source eieio gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars eval-expr dash cl-seq finder-inf go-mode-autoloads eieio-core
cl-macs info package epg-config byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 540184 37755)
 (symbols 48 49498 0)
 (miscs 40 780 649)
 (strings 32 114429 10253)
 (string-bytes 1 3438490)
 (vectors 16 68800)
 (vector-slots 8 1051173 30787)
 (floats 8 805 427)
 (intervals 56 1055 494)
 (buffers 976 21))