Subject: bug#23811: closed (Re: bug#23811: shepherd: tests/respawn-throttling.sh fails sporadically)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 17:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23811: shepherd: tests/respawn-throttling.sh fails sporadically

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23811: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23811
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23811: shepherd: tests/respawn-throttling.sh fails sporadically
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 18:26:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> #23811 (merged with #28588) are about the same tests failing as
> the recently closed #30299 and were reported 4 et 3 years.
> I suggest to close then too.

Good catch, closing!

Subject: shepherd: tests/respawn-throttling.sh fails sporadically
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 13:43:23 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On core-updates, both shepherd and dmd failed on i686 and armhf in the
same test:

tests/respawn-throttling.sh in shepherd:

  http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1241860 (shepherd-i686)
  http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1246005 (shepherd-armhf)

and tests/respawn.sh in dmd:

  http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1245596 (dmd-i686)
  http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1248237 (dmd-armhf)

This has been happening for a long time, and although it happens more
frequently on i686 and armhf, I've archived failure logs from hydra for
the same failures on mips64el in both shepherd and dmd, and it also
happened at least once with dmd on x86_64.  I can provide these logs if
requested.

      Mark