Subject: bug#23807: guix build not respecting --keep-going

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 23:09:50 +0200

Hello,

Ethan J <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I've been attempting to use the "build all packages" one liner listed
> on
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Invoking-guix-build.
> html to populate my store for a local mirror however when guix fails
> to build a package it exits and stops building (which I had assumed
> the --keep-going flag prevented) Here's an example of yasm failing to
> build http://paste.lisp.org/display/318806

The paste shows:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
make[5]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0'
make  all-recursive
make[6]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0'
Making all in po
make[7]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0/po'
make[7]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[7]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0/po'
Making all in .
make[7]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0'
make[7]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0'
make[6]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0'
make[5]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0'
============================================================================
Testsuite summary for yasm 1.3.0
============================================================================
# TOTAL: 44
# PASS:  43
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
============================================================================
See ./test-suite.log
Please report to [email-masked]
============================================================================
Makefile:3166: recipe for target 'test-suite.log' failed
make[4]: *** [test-suite.log] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0'
Makefile:3272: recipe for target 'check-TESTS' failed
make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0'
Makefile:3814: recipe for target 'check-am' failed
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0'
Makefile:3052: recipe for target 'check-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-yasm-1.3.0.drv-0/yasm-1.3.0'
Makefile:3817: recipe for target 'check' failed
make: *** [check] Error 2
phase `check' failed after 3.2 seconds
builder for `/gnu/store/8wv8d2asnyh3ac3i7bd2384i9c5i21gd-yasm-1.3.0.drv' failed with exit code 1
@ build-failed /gnu/store/8wv8d2asnyh3ac3i7bd2384i9c5i21gd-yasm-1.3.0.drv - 1 builder for `/gnu/store/8wv8d2asnyh3ac3i7bd2384i9c5i21gd-yasm-1.3.0.drv' failed with exit code 1
guix build: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/8wv8d2asnyh3ac3i7bd2384i9c5i21gd-yasm-1.3.0.drv' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

What was the exact command that you run?  What does the same command
report with --dry-run?

Thanks,
Ludo’.