Subject: bug#23801: 25.0.95; term.el redraws extremely slow with bidi support enabled, and large buffers

From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 12:35:40 +1200

On 23/06/16 03:27, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Thanks for testing.  So I think this bug can be closed.

Yes, agreed.

Bug #20611 can potentially be closed as well, with the caveat
that there was a workaround commit made for that one, and it
is presumably important to ensure that the workaround will not
get merged to master later on, being unnecessary in that branch.

(Although I'd still be inclined to shift that workaround to act
in term-mode-hook rather than in ansi-term. I'll follow up in
that bug, though.)

 > We are still debating whether 25.2 will be produced from the
 > master branch or from emacs-25.

Ok. Either way, if we have the workaround in effect in emacs-25,
and the real fix in master, this problem is dealt with for the
upcoming releases.

thanks,
-Phil