Subject: 25.0.92; Emacs Image Mode Has Fringe On Right Side Even After (fringe-mode 0)

From: John Jacob <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 22:03:57 -0400

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-03-03 built on KAEL
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/tmp/emacs --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -fomit-frame-pointer -g0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: ERC

Minor modes in effect:
  highlight-changes-visible-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  imagex-global-sticky-mode: t
  imagex-sticky-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Making completion list... [2 times]
nil
Entering debugger...
Back to top level
nil [2 times]
Quit
Making completion list...
(#<window 435 on 001 - 7Jef2Jm.jpg>)
Quit
line-move-1: End of buffer [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail image-dired iimage sh-script
smie executable sgml-mode debug python json map macros tramp-ftp
tramp-cmds tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize net-utils eieio-opt apropos novice vc
vc-dispatcher vhdl-mode hippie-exp shadowfile ange-ftp woman man
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe rst compile rcirc ps-print ps-def lpr
proced mh-e mh-compat mh-acros cl mh-buffers mh-loaddefs hilit-chg
hi-lock gnus gnus-ems nnheader cwarn cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs savehist
minibuf-eldef icomplete org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view subr-x jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs vc-git diff-mode timezone cus-edit cus-start cus-load
mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode parse-time mail-utils
network-stream nsm starttls url-cache url-dav xml url-http tls gnutls
url url-proxy url-privacy url-history mailcap url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-cookie url-domsuf url-gw
url-expand url-util url-methods url-handlers erc-list erc-menu erc-join
erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button
wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec pp character-fold misearch multi-isearch
dired-aux dired browse-url face-remap shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring smex markdown-mode url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
thingatpt noutline outline edmacro kmacro time elec-pair paren image+
advice image-file ido seq byte-opt gv use-package diminish bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv bind-key easy-mmode cl-loaddefs
pcase cl-lib finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
w32notify dbusbind w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 788297 140349)
 (symbols 56 50155 0)
 (miscs 48 6817 1137)
 (strings 32 157863 9289)
 (string-bytes 1 6734059)
 (vectors 16 70734)
 (vector-slots 8 1162235 47804)
 (floats 8 704 1051)
 (intervals 56 51859 12679)
 (buffers 976 89))

Hello.
I did emacs -q and eval'd this minimal init file
(fringe-mode 0)
(scroll-bar-mode -1)
(menu-bar-mode -1)
(tool-bar-mode -1)

When I open a picture in emacs, there's a right side fringe that i can't
see (or scroll to) on the image. I've tested this with several images
and had other people reproduce the bug. I open the same picture in a
different image viewer and I can see the right portion that I couldn't
see (or scroll to) in emacs.

My desired behavior is to have the image touch all three sides
(excluding bottom) of the frame. Is this possible? Is this even a bug?
Thank you.