Subject: 25.0.90; Replying "no" to send bug report means you cannot later send it

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 17:12:47 -0700 (PDT)

emacs -Q

Hit C-c C-c to send a bug report, then reply "no", perhaps because you
want to change something before submitting the report.

Now try C-c C-c again.

You get an error/message saying:

  message-send: No methods specified to send by

That's presumably because you never got to the part of the dialog where
it asks you how to send the message.

This is a bug.  Just because you used C-c C-c and chose not to send the
message yet is not a reason to no longer give you a means to specify the
"method to send by".

This happens regardless of whether you have changed the "To:" field -
 e.g., in response to this message in *Bug Help*:

  You invoked the command M-x report-emacs-bug,
  but you decided not to mail the bug report to the Emacs maintainers.

  If you want to mail it to someone else instead,
  please insert the proper e-mail address after "To: ",
  and send the mail again using C-c C-c.

And perhaps the message about not having specified a mail method should
be incorporated into *Bug Help*?

It seems that this part of dialoguing with the user (what happens if
s?he says "no") has not been thought through well enough and tested well
enough.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.90.4 (i686-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-03-20
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --without-dbus
 --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-static'