Subject: bug#23791: closed (Re: bug#23791: 25.1.50; w32-shell-execute hangs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 23:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23791: 25.1.50; w32-shell-execute hangs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23791: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23791
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23791: 25.1.50; w32-shell-execute hangs
From: Kazuhiro Ito <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 08:47:29 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Sorry for insufficient infromation.  And I noticed the problem is due
to my local patch.  I mistook the result of patched trunk for emacs-25
branch which is not patched.  The patch was disabled on Cygwin build
and did not affect.

I'm closing it.  Sorry for my mistake.

-- 
Kazuhiro Ito

Subject: 25.1.50; w32-shell-execute hangs
From: Kazuhiro Ito <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 17:27:58 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On MSYS2 64bit build from trunk and emacs-25 branch, emacs hangs when
w32-shell-execute is called with "open" operation (no CPU usage, but
not respond to C-g).

(w32-shell-execute "open" "D:/test.pdf")

The bevhavior seems to depend on target.  For example, "a shortcut for
'Cygwin Terminal'" has no problem, but "cmd.exe" hangs emacs and
cmd.exe is not executed.  Overmore, Cygwin build (both 32bit and
64bit) from the same source has no problem.

-- 
Kazuhiro Ito