Subject: Re: bug#23745: 25.0.94; Org: (pop-to-mark-command) doesn't work when using (org-open-at-point) to visit a same-file link

From: Rasmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 13:37:37 +0200

Hi Dima,

Thanks for the report.

Dima Kogan <[email-masked]> writes:

> =====================
> * aaaa
> bbbbb
>
> * cccc
> [[aaaa]]
> =====================
>
> With the point at the [[aaaa]] link, I can visit the aaaa heading with
> C-c C-o (org-open-at-point), and I can go back to where I was with the
> org-specific C-c & (org-mark-ring-goto). But I should also be able to go
> back with C-u C-SPC (effectively pop-to-mark-command), since that works
> for inside-the-same-buffer jumps in all other emacs context, including
> non-org ones. I suspect all we would need to do is to
> (push-mark-command) before we jump in (org-open-at-point). Is this
> simply forgotten, or was it omitted on purpose? If the former, I'll post
> a patch.

I think you are right; your description of behavior would be consistent.
Note that once I click C-c & at "* aaaa" and thus return to the link
"[[aaaa]]" I can pop the mark to go back to "* aaaa" but the reverse is
not possible.

A fix for this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rasmus

-- 
Send from my Emacs