Subject: bug#23745: 25.0.94; Org: (pop-to-mark-command) doesn't work when using (org-open-at-point) to visit a same-file link

From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 17:05:09 -0700

Hi. Consider this org-mode file:

=====================
* aaaa
bbbbb

* cccc
[[aaaa]]
=====================

With the point at the [[aaaa]] link, I can visit the aaaa heading with
C-c C-o (org-open-at-point), and I can go back to where I was with the
org-specific C-c & (org-mark-ring-goto). But I should also be able to go
back with C-u C-SPC (effectively pop-to-mark-command), since that works
for inside-the-same-buffer jumps in all other emacs context, including
non-org ones. I suspect all we would need to do is to
(push-mark-command) before we jump in (org-open-at-point). Is this
simply forgotten, or was it omitted on purpose? If the former, I'll post
a patch.

dima